- - Odessa, FL
- Full Time
Our Education Bid Specialists work in conjunction with our foodservice customers, manufacturers and our sales team to obtain, prepare and provide bid pricing in response to requests from K-12 school districts and counties. This position is responsible for analyzing food service bid requests and identifying manufacturer items that offer an opportunity to sell, submitting pricing requests to various manufacturers and then providing accurate pricing to customers. Any additional product information required by the customers is also coordinated to complete all aspects of each foodservice bid request. Obtains bid results (won/loss information) to report back to manufacturers which completes the bid cycle.
Responsibilities: (This list may not include all the duties assigned.)
- Identify all manufacturer items to be bid and manufacturers stocked at each distributor.
- Review historical bid data such as pricing and competitive information.
- Work with Education Specialists for their input on bids.
- Request bid pricing via manufacturer form, website or computer generated form and within each manufacturer's lead time requirements.
- Communicate accurate bid pricing to each distributor by their due date.
- Acquire bid results and award information and record this information for our manufacturers.
- Identify and communicate all competitive bid opportunities to our Education Specialists for their action.
- Maintain an up to date calendar of when bids due dates.
- Keep updated files for each bidding institution including all pricing and communication.
- Help resolve distributor deductions involving bid pricing.
- Perform additional duties as required
Basic Position Requirements:
- Be accustomed to working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Possess an excellent grasp of numbers, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical and organizational skills and professionalism.
- Maintain a high level of focus and composure under time constraints.
- Be able to accommodate the seasonal nature of the bid process which requires an intense effort generally between March through mid-July.
- Have strong interpersonal skills to interact with internal departments and with external clients.
- Focus on key priorities, juggle multiple projects and adjust quickly to changing priorities.
- Work well in a collaborative team setting.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience in food service preferred.
- Normal office conditions; highly concentrated mental and visual alertness.
- Work needs to be performed within KeyImpact office.
- Major portion of day is spent sitting, working on computer and talking.
- Frequent up/down motion to perform duties.
- Moderate to heavy typing, calculating or otherwise working with fingers.
- Visual acuity.
Equipment / Tools:
- Calculator, personal computer, telephone, fax, and copier
PLEASE NOTE: KeyImpact Sales & Systems, Inc. reserves the right to change, modify or add to the duties and essential functions at any time.