Accounts Receivable Specialist
- Odenton, MD - Accounts Receivable
- Full Time
Primary Purpose: Process the day to day accounts receivable activities of receiving, applying and tracking activity in the sales reporting software. Communicate with manufacturers and accounts receivable manager regarding invoice and payment issues.
Responsibilities: (This list may not include all the duties assigned)
- Process commission receivable checks to ensure that appropriate amounts/rates are paid per invoice, may need to investigate and resolve to obtain information.
- Update sales reporting system with actual commissions paid.
- Identify missing sales information from manufacturer back-up and enter in sales reporting system.
- Process account receivable paybacks to ensure that any money that was required to be paid upfront on behalf of the manufacturer has been paid back to the company.
- Contact manufacturers to ensure we receive checks prior to the end of the month and back up information to ensure all money due to the company has been received. .
- Track back-up information from manufacturer, so when the check arrives you have all documentation to process.
- Coordinate checks and back up to ensure deadlines are met each month and to check status of any particular check.
- Copy mailed checks along with back-up to ensure the information is stored in case it gets lost in the process of it being sent over to another office. .
- Post money to correct departments for budget purposes.
- Perform additional duties as required.
Basic Position Requirements:
Abilities: Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Strong analytical, and organization skills. Ability to research and analyze data in order to provide recommendations. Attention to detail. Able to multi-task. Maintain high level of professionalism and ability to maintain integrity and confidentiality.
Knowledge: Minimum of two years of accounting/financial experience. Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and practices. Experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Quick Books & Outlook.
Working Normal office conditions; highly concentrated mental and
Conditions: visual alertness. Major portion of day is spent sitting. Frequent up/down motion to perform duties. Moderate to heavy typing, calculating or otherwise working with fingers. Visual acuity.
Equipment / Tools: Calculator, personal computer, telephone, fax, and copier
PLEASE NOTE: KeyImpact Sales & Systems, Inc. reserves the right to change, modify or add to the duties and essential functions at any time.