Distributor Business Manager II
- - Lubbock,TX
- Full Time
Manage and grow medium sized volume territory through directing their teams to maximize Principal's sales goals, maintaining a positive business relationship with distributors and customers, and striving for additional product introductions. Act as a liaison between principal's strategic goals and the distributor's needs. Generally, manages a territory and the daily activity of the assigned sales team.
Responsibilities: (This list may not include all the duties assigned.)
- Manage annual, bi-annual, quarterly sales numbers and objectives to ensure customer and company goals are being meet.
- Drive company sales by aggressively marketing and presenting manufacturers' product to maximize commissions.
- Ensure Operator Specialist(s) reporting to them are completing their Call Reporting, Objective Planning and LLO Maintenance in the CRM.
- Manage daily distributor functions such has answering customer phone calls, reviewing respective buyers, verifying daily activities on team, scheduling and preparing for meetings to help meet company objectives.
- Use Game Changer to record sales activity and objective planning daily.
- Make weekly closures to the targets in their Objective Plan.
- Call-on and maintain a list of Large Leverage Operators (LLOs) to set-up sales presentations, open lines of communication and to increase business activity and report on them. Make sure LLO list is accurate with contact information, sales activity, and viability of the account.
- Build and maintain distributor relationships by analyzing and reacting to distributor needs, introducing new products, and taking a proactive response to customers concerns and needs.
- Prepare for and perform sales calls to set-up appointments with distributor sales reps and/or customers and visit them to show product.
- Manage day-to-day activities of sales team by scheduling staff and setting goals and objectives with team by reviewing principal's monthly and quarterly goals and objectives, establishing and reviewing of business plan.
- Conduct performance reviews on staff to ensure company goals and objectives are being met and to address any performance issues.
- Prepare and present at sales meeting and trainings to introduce products, allow distributor sales representative to taste and see product, and educate sales people on product.
- Manage manufacturer's marketing plan with distributor to maximize sales potential by making sure manufacturer receives appropriate amount of marketing activities.
- Conduct sales blitzes and competitive runs to increase sales by acquiring leads and visiting prospective customers to convert their business to gain sales/commissions for company.
- Conduct marketing reviews with customers to discuss business activity, new opportunities and address any competition issues to gain an understanding of our business by vender and be able to react to business needs and grow business.
- Prepare reports to senior management and Principal's to provide venders and management with information regarding sales, business activity and market trends.
- Develop sales budgets and plans with district managers.
- Coordinating and preparing for food shows, sales meetings and customer events to ensure product and staff will be at event.
- Focus on competition by understanding the entire competitive landscape and communicate information to our Principals and continued awareness of competitive manufacturers such as their weekly usage, and what Operators and competitors are selling.
- Must maintain a current and valid driver's license.
- Perform additional duties as required.
Basic Position Requirements:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, to prioritize/plan your schedule.
- Able to multi-task.
- Able to get along with others and provide superior customer service.
- Good decision and negotiating skills.
- Effective time-management skills.
- Maintain high level of professionalism.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Able to drive vehicle for long periods of time to and from accounts.
- Able to maintain current and valid driver's license and auto insurance in company required minimums.
- Prefer college degree in business or related field or equivalent experience. Culinary and/or operations experience preferred.
- Must have 2-5 years of previous sales experience.
- Knowledge of brokerage business and relationship to Principals and overall business Experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience using iPads.
- Product and sales training
- Manage 1 to 2 operator specialist(s)
- Frequent on the road driving; highly concentrated mental and visual alertness.
- Major portion of the day is spent talking either in-person or by telephone dealing with customer service issues.
- Frequent up/down motion to perform duties.
- Moderate typing, calculating or otherwise working with fingers.
- Visual acuity.
- Ability to hear and received detailed information.
Equipment / Tools:
- Calculator, iPad, personal computer, telephone, fax, and copier.
- Must have some form of reliable transportation to get to and from accounts.
PLEASE NOTE: KeyImpact Sales & Systems Inc, reserves the right to change, modify or add to the duties and essential functions at any time.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media